Application Security Analyst - Author Award for Professionals 2016 - Badge
The badge earner has significantly contributed to the authoring of courseware: labs; exams; quizzes; virtual machines; etc. The course objective is to teach students how to scan and test web applications for the identification and analysis of vulnerabilities and attacks; using IBM AppScan Standard. The author has developed assets that teach students topics such as OWASP security standards; Glassbox scanning; cross-site scripting; broken authentication; and threat analysis and reports.
What it takes to earn this badge:
- Expected to be an Information Technology professional working for IBM an IBM Customer or Business Partner and attending the IBM Skills Academy.
- Subject Matter Expertise of topics in Module I - Cyber Security Overview: Covering Security Overview Trends Case Studies Security standards and framewks.
- Subject Matter Expertise of topics in Module III - Appl. Security Analyst: Covering Web appl. components & security issues OWASP attack classifications SQL Injection Brute Fce authentication Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Insecure direct object reference Sensitive data exposure Cross-site request fgery (CSRF) Vulnerability testing scanning & threat modeling Repting threats & vulnerabilities Glass Box Scanning Web Services Extend functions using SDK and AXF Troubleshooting AppScan
- The above expertise must be demonstrated by holding a professional certification and/ have 5 years of experience in the application development a relevant field.
- Validated contribution to the development of assets of the course components by the wld wide IBM education program leader.
Skills indicated by the badge
Web Application Security|Security Vulnerabilities|IBM AppScan Standard|Security Scans|Application Scans|Ethical Hacking|OWASP Classifications|SQL Injection|Brute Force|Cross-site Scripting|CSRF|Vulnerability Testing|Threat Modeling|Glass Box|Web Services|SDK|AXF