It promotes a simple process for the creation of a badge idea, and sharing it with others.
How to use Badge Bloom:
Badge Bloom can be used by individuals or groups as a quickfire way of generating and discussing badging ideas, and how they might fit together to form a badge landscape.
- Start by giving your badge a name and a colour.
- Next, think about who could be the issuer of the badge.
- And who could be the earner of the badge.
- While you're there - think about why the earner would want to earn the badge - what would be their motivation, how would be useful to them?
- Then think about what they might have to do to earn it, what could be sufficiently measured?
- Think about who could be the assessor and practically determine that the criteria for the badge has been met? Might you need to use a mixture of people? Or a mixture of assessment methods?
- Lastly think of what could the earner achieve next after successfully completing this badge.
- Download the badge bloom idea, and share with your co-collaborators.
If you have ideas how to improve Badge Bloom, please contact Visual Thinkery.